Medical administrative assistants (also called medical office assistants or medical secretaries) are critical in keeping healthcare offices running smoothly, and also play an important role in the patient experience. Tasks vary by setting, but may include:
- Reviewing and answering practice correspondence
- Operating computer systems to accomplish office tasks
- Answering calls and scheduling appointments
- Greeting patients and updating electronic medical records
- Updating and maintaining patient and other practice-specific information
- Coordinating operation reports such as time and attendance
- Operating office software and equipment
Class begins May 17th and will meet on Mondays from 9:00am – 2:00pm for 15 weeks.
Tuition, Fees and Program Requirements
Tuition for the CMAA program is $900. Need-based scholarships are available to qualified Rappahannock County residents. Residents of surrounding counties may be eligible for financial assistance from special funds. RappCE will work with each qualified applicant to identify resources for financial support.
Your tuition includes all classroom materials. Non-refundable application fee – $25. NHA exam fee is $117. Exam fees are not included as a part of your tuition.
Ready to apply? Start here.