Electronic health records skills are highly sought-after in the healthcare industry. The security, completeness and accuracy of patient data is critical. The Electronic Health Records Specialist Certification (CEHRS) is often combined with other credentials to expand an employee’s skill set, making them a valuable asset to their employers. Some common responsibilities tied to electronic health records include:
- Auditing patient records for compliance
- Abstracting clinical information for reports
- Performing basic coding to submit reimbursement claims
- Processing Release of Information (ROI) requests for medical records
- Reviewing patient demographic and insurance information
- Discussing patient information with physicians and insurance professionals
Class begins May 20th and will meet on Thursdays from 9:00am – 2:00pm for 15 weeks.
Tuition, Fees and Program Requirements
Tuition for the EHR program is $900. Need-based scholarships are available to qualified Rappahannock County residents. Residents of surrounding counties may be eligible for financial assistance from special funds. RappCE will work with each qualified applicant to identify resources for financial support.
Your tuition includes all classroom materials. Non-refundable application fee – $25. NHA exam fee is $117. Exam fees are not included as a part of your tuition. A high school diploma or GED is required to take this course.
Ready to apply? Start here.