The Meat Cutting program is designed to prepare students to work in the meat processing field at a wholesale processing facility or in a restaurant or butcher establishment.
- Learning about cutting and merchandising whole animals, including chicken, lamb, pork and beef
- Understanding the anatomy and physiology of the animals, including key bones and yield percentages
- Learning about cutting skills and techniques such as deboning and denuding
- Learning about safe usage of a bandsaw, handsaw, and knives
- Understanding Latin muscle names, carcass yields and yield grades, USDA quality grades and how to conduct a yield test
- The purpose of this program is to train people to work in a meat processing facility or similar
Class begins Saturday August 6th, 2022 and will be held Saturdays from 9:00 – 11:30 and Thursdays from 6:00 – 7:30pm for 12 weeks.
Tuition for the meat cutting program is $900. Need-based scholarships are available to qualified Rappahannock County residents. Residents of surrounding counties may be eligible for financial assistance from special funds. RappCE will work with each qualified applicant to identify resources for financial support.
Your tuition includes all classroom materials.