The Meat Cutting program is designed to prepare students to work in the meat processing field at a wholesale processing facility or in a restaurant or butcher establishment.
- Learning about cutting and merchandising whole animals, including chicken, lamb, pork and beef
- Understanding the anatomy and physiology of the animals, including key bones and yield percentages
- Learning about cutting skills and techniques such as deboning and denuding
- Learning about safe usage of a bandsaw, handsaw, and knives
- Understanding Latin muscle names, carcass yields and yield grades, USDA quality grades and how to conduct a yield test
- The purpose of this program is to train people to work in a meat processing facility or similar
- Range® Meat Cutter Certificates issued to students at the completion of the course
- Paid internships may be available
Class begins Saturday, September 9th, 2023 and will be held Saturdays from 9:00 – 12 for 12 weeks.
Tuition for the meat cutting program is $900. Need-based scholarships are available. RappCE will work with each qualified applicant to identify resources for financial support.
Your tuition includes all classroom materials.